Meetings are held at the Bullaburra Progress Hall, located at Bullaburra Park on the corner of The Great Western Highway and Noble Street Bullaburra NSW 2784.
This year we have tried in the schedule to allow for better timing for various harvesting and collecting times of seed in our area. We don’t really have a regular pattern aside from trying not to clash with various known public holidays, local festival, garden and plant related events.
Our meetings are booked at the hall from 10 till 1pm – but we usually try to wind up after 12 with the intention of allowing us some talking and cleanup times at the end of the session.
We ask for a gold coin donation to help with the ongoing hall hire costs etc.
Currently we follow a new meeting pattern of :
- greetings and then those who have brought along seeds and plants to swap describe them briefly.
- short 5 minute break to allow for us to get started on seed packing and swapping and to introduce any new members to the seed packing system and library and do any plant material swapping.
- reconvene to discuss any significant weather and seasonal issues and what might be due to be planted and harvested.
- start a round table personal introduction and summary of what’s growing and not growing in the garden. This can take some time and we try to allow everyone to have a say and participate. It is a very useful thing to hear what others are doing in their gardens throughout the region. This often breaks out into wider question and answer discussions.
- we usually try to finish when everyone attending has had a chance to talk.
Our plans for the last 2 years have been significantly impacted by both the bush fires in the Blue Mountains region and then the Covid19 run of events.
We will likely try and organise a Seed Saving workshop for later in the year 2022.
Also again this year we would like to try and organise some parallel events with the Bilpin Seed Savers group and other seed savers groups where possible. Our plans for outreach and group connections have obviously been severely affected by the current Covid19 situation.
Keep an eye on the website for notifications about these extra dates.
10am – 1pm on the following Sundays
- 20 February 2022
- 20 March 2022
- 17 April 2022
- 19 June 2022
- 22 August 2022
- 19 September 2022
- 24 October 2022
- 5 December 2022
You can arrive a bit earlier if you want to help us set up and stay a bit later to help clean up.
We would appreciate a gold coin donation towards hall hire.